Vintage Americana

It has been a hectic three weeks in the Colour of Couture competition, but I welcome challenges of all levels. For our second runway challenge we were given the theme "Vintage Americana." As an American, I was actually nervous because I want to do my country proud in representing it with my styling. To me, that retro 50's era was about the fresh, young American woman looking to explore all the sites this great country has to offer. I wanted to embody that ambitious feeling with citrus high-waisted shorts and a sweet gingham halter top. When traveling cross country, protecting your eyes is a must so I wore the classic cat eye shades that were a popular style back in the day. For extra dramatic flair I added a flowy scarf that symbolizes the carefree American spirit and a pair of sweet bows to the top for that wholesome girl-next-door appeal. This style is definitely me because it's fun and carefree, and I hope the judges felt the same way.



Top: artilleri
Shorts: Molichino
Scarf: Lelutka (modified)
Glasses: Miel
Bracelet: Earthstones
Clutch: House of Fox
Hair: elikatira
Eyeshadow: R.icielli
Lashes and Liner: Miamai
Blush: Madrid Solo
Bows: Finesmith Designs (old group gift)
Poses: Manifeste (pic 1); Posies (pic 2)


Comments

Popular Posts